2021 Installation of officers will now start at 1pm, not 10am.
Need a neckerchief or a hat? Maybe a shirt?
Check out our new gear page to see what we have in stock.
Proceeds will support “camperships” for Maryland Scouts
Winner will have the option of one of the following Henry rifles:
Salute to Scouting Tribute Edition .22 S/L/LR
Freemasons Tribute Edition .22 S/L/LR
Golden Boy H004 .22 S/L/LR
Drawing to be held on November 20th, 2021
(or once all tickets are sold)
1 ticket for $5: https://www.paypal.com/instantcommerce/checkout/AYU9UQYJURWF4
3 tickets for $10: https://www.paypal.com/instantcommerce/checkout/QRT7K548E8NTW
7 tickets for $20: https://www.paypal.com/instantcommerce/checkout/F97S9C4WNG5JW
35 tickets for $100: https://www.paypal.com/instantcommerce/checkout/P2LPMMN98Q87Y
** Winner is required to meet ALL State and Federal regulations required **
Scouters Lodge #236 is happy to announce that we are providing up to four $450 camperships to Maryland Scouts in 2020. Please visit our campership page and fill out the application and send it in. Deadline for submissions is April 10th, 2020.
First let me thank everyone for electing me as Worshipful Masters of Scouters Lodge #236 for 2020. Second, let me say that I will do my best to not make repeated puns about “2020” and “vision” this year (with one exception that I’ll get to in a bit). I have a number of ideas for Scouters Lodge this year, but I know that I can’t do it alone. I’ve already been at work with the 2020 officers to prepare a calendar of events for the year, which you should see in this trestleboard. Hopefully you will be able to block out many of these dates on your calendar early, so we will be able to enjoy your company. Here are some of the highlights I hope to accomplish this year;
• Handing out our first camperships in 2020. Our rifle raffle did well in 2019, so we should be able to provide 4 camperships of up to $450 in 2020. We are still working on the applications and process, so if you’d like to be involved, please let me know.
• Since that raffle was successful, I’d like to try it again, starting around the April/May timeframe (no later than the semi-annual meeting of Grand Lodge).
• Having a lodge meeting in Western Maryland over the summer. As a traveling lodge, we haven’t really traveled too far out of the Baltimore/Washington area. If this goes well, look for a visit to the eastern shore for 2021.
• A past master’s night/dinner in June.
• I’m also looking into having one or more presentations during our meetings (in a called off state), via teleconference. This is an attempt to reach out to those that can’t physically be at a meeting and also to provide a presentation by a remote presenter. Details and technology are still being worked out for this.
• I’d also like to look into the possibility of constructing a number (10?) portable flag poles, similar to what my son’s pack created, that we could donate to local units.
• Working with the Grand Lodge to have a flag retirement ceremony at Grand Lodge around flag day.
• Having another Open Table Lodge.
• Having a spring and fall “Brotherhood Night”, were we can meet and hang out at a local bar/restaurant and make so others interested in the lodge can attend and get to know us.
In short beyond doing the “regular” activities of a lodge, I’d like to raise the visibility of Scouters Lodge #236 both with Scouting and Freemasonry. (Ok that’s my only “2020-like” reference)
Also, don’t be surprised ifou receive a phone call from me in the upcoming months. I’d like to make sure that I reach out and talk to each of you at least once this year, if not more.
I hope to see each of you at one of our meeting or events this year.
(A little late, but) the winner of the 2019 Henry Rifle Raffle is Ron Metzger of Patapsco Lodge #183.
Scouters Lodge’s 2019 Riffle Raffle is here!
This raffle with allow us to provide up to 5 camperships of approximately $400 each to scouts from Maryland.
Get your tickets before they are gone!